DIRECTORATE OF RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT
The Directorate is currently headed by
Mr.Joseph Mugerwa Kiggundu
The Directorate has two departments namely:
- To establish and sustain strategic liaison on PSRP initiatives with Development Partners, Ministries, Departments, Agencies (MDAs), Local Governments, CSOs, the Private Sector and the media.
- To provide technical leadership in the implementation and revision of the Ministry of Public Service Information, Education and Communication strategy.
- To develop efficient and effective information dissemination and feedback mechanism that feeds into the existing government programmes; to carry out audits on dissemination of IEC materials and messages.
- To initiate an effective strategy for internal and external public relations in the Ministry of Public Service.
- To establish and sustain a mechanism for effective advocacy and lobbying for the transformation of the public service.
- To offer technical advice to the PSRP Task Managers on matters relating to IEC.
- To initiate and manage strategies, secure and sustain political and stakeholder support for PSRP.
- Provide strategic Direction and leadership for IEC advocacy and public relations activities in Ministry of Public Service.
- Train MoPS staff in communication skills like making presentations, media relations and strategic Public Relations.