THE PROCUREMENT AND DISPOSAL SECTION
|The Procurement Unit was formed as a result of the enactment of the legal instruments to regulate Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets in Uganda. These legal instruments are:-
The activities of the PDU are monitored and regulated by a regulations Agency, the Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Authority (PPDA).
- The Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Act.
- The Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Regulations.
The Procurement and Disposal Unit is headed by the Senior Procurement Officer, Mr. Fred Kyeyune. He is assisted by Ms. Specioza Mukazi, the Procurement Officer.
- The Senior Procurement Officer
- The Procurement Officer
- The Assistant Procurement Officer
- The Secretary
- The Office Attendant
A Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration majoring in Accounting.
Graduate Diploma in Purchasing and supply (CIPS).
Other qualifications: Certificate in Procurement and supply chain Management (UMI).
Certificate in Procurement of Consultancy Services Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration( GIMPA)
|FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES OF PDU
- Manages all Procurement and Disposal activities of the entity.
- Supports the functioning of the Contracts Committee.
- Implements the decisions of the Contracts Committee
- Acts as a secretariat to the Contracts Committee.
- Recommends Procurement and Disposal procedures.
- Prepares monthly reports for Micro and Macro Procurements to Contracts Committee.
- Prepare solicitations documents.
- Maintains and archive records for the procurement.